campaign to #SAVESADEH
Europe’s only Jewish community farm is under threat of eviction. We have three weeks to save it.
HOW YOU CAN HELP!
Calls To Action that you can share with others:
- Contribute to the Social Media campaign by sharing, commenting on & liking others’ posts, using #SaveSadeh on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Write testimonials, blogs, articles and share them online, with your communities, with press or to email@example.com
- Write to the Press! firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Tell them what Sadeh means to you and the future of the Jewish community. Feel free to use our template letter but add in your personal story.
- Support Sadeh by booking into the Guesthouse this summer!
- Donate to our campaign here! https://sadehfarm.co.uk/donate-to-sadeh
- Please tell Jake what actions you take! We want to keep track of them and celebrate them! firstname.lastname@example.org
Sadeh was given a 10 year lease in March 2018 to run Skeet Hill House on the conditions that:1) We kept the house in the same condition they had received it
2) We met the JYF’s charitable objectives of providing for Jewish Youth
Sadeh has more than fulfilled our side of this bargain.
Sadeh has invested £40,00 per year in major improvements since 2018. We have turned the neglected house and grounds into a successful guesthouse, cross communal educational centre, and the only Jewish community farm in Europe.
Sadeh has built on the history of Skeet Hill House, which has provided Jewish youth education since the 40s. Sadeh has run land based sessions for thousands of Jewish young people. We have planted 900 trees, celebrated Jewish festivals in nature, created Jewish outdoor educators and offered wellbeing to a wide section of the community.
More significantly than this Sadeh has boldly said what Jewish young people already know – that their lives are tied up with the life of the planet, and that the future of Jewish Youth needs immediate action to tackle climate change. Sadeh has taken the key role in Jewish community climate action, updating what it means to work for and with Jewish Youth in the 21st century.
Sadeh is unique as the only place in Europe for immersive, land based education in a Jewish context.
Once it’s gone, it’s gone. Let’s keep this priceless community asset safe for future generations.
Sadeh to stay at Skeet until the end of our lease (March 2028), as every indication was given that this would be the case. However, now that we have been made aware of the intention of JYF to sell the property we will, in the meantime, actively seek to buy the property at market value, either directly or with the support of a third party. This will allow both the JYF to achieve their goal of selling the property, and allow Sadeh to keep doing their vital work for the future of Jewish youth.