From 6th – 31st October we will be running our Sow The Seeds for Change campaign – to learn more and donate please visit www.charityextra.com/sadeh OR to see more about the amazing work we are doing at Sadeh please read on below….
Sadeh is the only Jewish farm in Europe. Sadeh provides environmental education to the Jewish community and beyond.
We are connecting people to nature at a critical time. We work across Jewish denominations and give people the chance to connect with their heritage through our earth-based traditions. We provide outdoor education and access to nature for families, school groups and volunteers from all walks of life. These groups help grow the food for our pioneering local food bank project which provides our local community with hundreds of kilos of fresh produce per year.
We are excited to be remaining at Skeet Hill House and continue its rich Jewish history. Here is some of the work we have done over the past 3 years:
- Engaged over 1000 children in nature-based learning at Sadeh
- Ran open and inclusive retreats and regular programming onsite
- Organised dozens of Jewish-calendar-based events celebrating the connection between Judaism and the earth
- 15 fellows have been equipped with leadership, life tools & Jewish community
- Run family activity days fostering connection between the community and the planet
- Provided hundreds of kilos of fresh produce, donated weekly to the food banks and those in need
- Planted over 900 trees
But now we need your help!
Like so many, we are facing rising bills and financial challenges. We need £100,000 to continue our work through 2023 and expand access to our programmes for those who cannot afford to come.
Reaching this goal will allow us to pay staff to run our programmes and farm, refurbish our volunteer space, pay our bills, run our school programmes, provide travel bursaries, upkeep the site through the winter, and increase access to nature for people who have been excluded from it.
Please give generously to help Sadeh continue our essential work through 2023/5783.